News:

Go to HostNed.com
Welcome.  This is a place to get user-to-user support, learn more, and share ideas.  If you can't find your answers here, feel free to ask by creating a new topic or visit the support ticket system at https://my.hostned.com :)  Have fun here!

Main Menu

Disguising a URL ?

Started by WhiteOwl, May 06, 2009, 06:47:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteOwl

I'm hoping this can be done, I would like to temporarily disguised a URL. For example, when you go to www.paper.com real address which is www.acme.com would not show in the address bar. There can be no way the user can find out what the reason address is. I want to do a surprise so this is the only way that I know how, it would be disguised for less then (30) days.

Dynaweb

Well, one way  that comes to mind is to make a temporary default page and in that page make it nothing but an Iframe.  Maybe something like this:

<iframe src="http://www.acme.com" name="surprise" scrolling="auto" frameborder="no" align="center" height = "100%" width = "100%">
</iframe>

WhiteOwl

I already have a page designed.  I tried to place the <iframe> within my other <divs> on my page but that didn't work do you know how I could go about this? Also there would be no way someone could find out the real address, since it is only temporarily I want to be sure :)

Dynaweb

You say it didn't work.  Can you be more specific?  What about it did not work.  How did it turn out and how was that different from how you want it to be?

WhiteOwl

The page that I have, I placed the first set of code before the other <divs> then the closing tag which is </iframe> at the end. 

Problem is first it's very narrow it does not take up most of the page even at a height of 100%, second I want a page to display that is on my domain but not show the real domain, is there anything I can use as a placeholder ?

WhiteOwl

Problem taken care of, I'm going to take a different route.

JanFar

Quote from: WhiteOwl on May 11, 2009, 10:33:43 AM
Problem taken care on musclepursuits.com I'm going to take a different route.

How did you end up doing it?