News:

Go to HostNed.com
Welcome.  This is a place to get user-to-user support, learn more, and share ideas.  If you can't find your answers here, feel free to ask by creating a new topic or visit the support ticket system at https://my.hostned.com :)  Have fun here!

Main Menu

getting POP in IPAD/ resetting email password

Started by freespir, December 31, 2011, 03:17:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

freespir

Hello,  I am trying to set up my email on my new IPAD, and I followed your instructions for setting up on IPHONE as it is identical for setup.  I thought my password would be the same as the one I use to access my control panel, but it doesn't work.  How do I reset my email password?

Thank you,

Natalie

Dynaweb

Your email password will probably not be the same as the one to access the control panel, but it may be if set up that way.  You can reset email passwords through your control panel.  Just log in there and click the MAIL icon.

freespir

I still cannot get it to work.  I deleted and recreateed the account with a new password, as I could not find anywhere to change the password settings.  I have gone ahead and set it up on the Ipad, and I keep getting an error that reads "Cannot Get Mail- The mail server mail.***.com is not responding.  Verify that you have entered the correct account info in Mail settings"  I have double checked all the information, and it is working in Outlook on my desktop, so I know it is set up.  Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong?

Thank you, Natalie

Dynaweb

Hmm...  From the error message you posted, it does not seem like a password (authentication) problem but rather a connection issue.  Is your Ipad connecting to your home network via WIFI or some different way?

freespir

It is connected via wifi.  My yahoo mail and safari are all working, so I know I am connected.

Dynaweb

Please PM me with the settings you are using.  That way I can run tests on in in a similar way as you are using it.