News:

Go to HostNed.com
Welcome.  This is a place to get user-to-user support, learn more, and share ideas.  If you can't find your answers here, feel free to ask by creating a new topic or visit the support ticket system at https://my.hostned.com :)  Have fun here!

Main Menu

How do I publish my site using FrontPage and FrontPage Server Extensions (FPSE)?

Started by Dynaweb, February 21, 2011, 08:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dynaweb

How do I publish my site using FrontPage and FrontPage Server Extensions (FPSE)?

Publish Your FrontPage Web to a Web Server with FrontPage Extensions
    (Instructions may vary slightly depending on the version of FP you are using.)

1. In FrontPage, open the Web you want to publish.
   2. On the File menu, click Publish Web.
      NOTE: For additional information if the Publish Web command is unavailable, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

306010 FP2000: Publish Web Command Unavailable and Appears Dimmed
   3. In the Publish Web dialog box, type the path of the destination Web server. For example, type

http://www.microsoft.com/myweb
   4. Click Options to expand the list of options.
   5. Specify whether you want to publish only pages that have changed or all pages.
   6. Click Publish.

FrontPage attempts to communicate with the FrontPage Server Extensions on the destination Web server. If the server extensions are properly installed on the destination server, this is all you need to do.

If the FrontPage Server Extensions are not found on the destination Web server, the following message appears:

The server could not complete your request. Contact your Internet service provider or Web server administrator to make sure that the server has the FrontPage Server Extensions installed. For more specific information, click Details.

When you click OK, FrontPage returns you to the Publish Web dialog box.