How do I set my nameservers for my domain name?
To change the NameServer settings on your domain name, you must log in to the site of your Domain Name Registrar. If your domain name is registered through DomainsNed, you can use these specific instructions below; otherwise, if you are with Godaddy, Register.com or elsewhere, you can use this as a general guide or contact your registrar for specific instructions.
LOGGING IN AT DOMAINSNED.COM (http://www.domainsned.com) AND CHANGING NAMESERVER SETTINGS
1. Go to http://www.domainsned.com (or wherever you have your domain registered)
2. Click My Account and log in there.
3. Select Domains and in the row of your domain on the right side click the Launch button.
4. You are now on the
Domain Details page. Click the button Nameservers then click Set Nameservers. (Note: You may need to unlock the domain first)
5. Once there, ensure that the option "I have specific nameservers for my domains." is selected and now REPLACE the current nameservers with the new ones (provided in your Welcome Email*) and click the Save button. (Don't forget to re-lock the domain name if applicable).
* Most HostNed services use the nameservers YIN.SSL1.US and YANG.SSL1.US
** Nameserver changes can take up to 48 hours to become effective.