News:

Go to HostNed.com
Welcome.  This is a place to get user-to-user support, learn more, and share ideas.  If you can't find your answers here, feel free to ask by creating a new topic or visit the support ticket system at https://my.hostned.com :)  Have fun here!

Main Menu

What Ports Should I Use For Email?

Started by Dynaweb, June 03, 2014, 12:07:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dynaweb

Personally I use webmail (RoundCube is my fave [edit June 2018: I am really liking RainLoop and using that more these days] ) almost exclusively.  But if you are using an email program installed on your device or desktop computer, you will need to set up the connection ports.

Below are the connection ports to use on Cpanel hosted accounts, please note that Plesk or Windows may be different:

EMAIL PORTS:

INCOMING (IMAP)

993 (for SSL/TLS) (*Recommended)
    143 (for PlainText/StartTLS)

INCOMING (POP3)

995 (for SSL/TLS) (*Recommended)
    110 (for PlainText/StartTLS)

OUTGOING (SMTP)

465 (for SSL/TLS) (*Recommended)
    25  (for PlainText/StartTLS)
    587 (for PlainText/StartTLS)

* Recommended options provide the best security and performance.
Note: When using SSL/TLS connection (recommended) be sure to choose "accept all certificates" option.  That process is different for depending on which mail program is being used.
If you continue to receive "Certificate" related errors, you may need to add SSL to your domain. We HIGHLY recommend this for a variety of reasons, including new SEO rules in Google search results. To add SSL (HTTPS) to your domain, contact us for pricing: